Koller Family of Six

Friday

Life Happens...

What a couple of rough days for us.... Our first baby, our dog Jasmine got hit in front of our house. She was 9, and the BEST dog ever. We were blessed to have been her owners. She protected the kids as they came, she loved us fiercely. I will spare the details, but I got her to the vet and we had to put her down. One of the hardest days of my life. I'm SO thankful my sister was there with me. Our good friend Matt came and got the kids from the vet office and Katie and I stayed to love on her until her last breath. Ugh....death is so hard. So final. So hard to wrap my brain around. There is a big hole in our lives. She was the most amazing dog...Chris found her shortly after our first dog got hit by a car. Jazz was the last puppy left out of the litter, the gem of the bunch and so so good at hunting. Possibly the best hunter Chris may have. Every second I'm at home I still think I will hear her at the back door whining, or waddling in front of me on our morning walks. I haven't gotten to that stage yet where I believe she is gone. Our hearts ache and will for a long time. Rest in peace sweet puppy dog. You were so loved...and will always be loved.

The following day after our family tragedy, I get a call from Tanya. One of our program horses had fallen over the fence....I had no idea what I was going to walk in to. I jumped in the car and screamed up the street. I go there and found Babe lying there in the neighbors field, sweaty and in a lot of pain. We had no idea what was going on. The vet was on his way and Mike was hurrying home from work. She couldn't get up, she was having a hard time breathing...I was so scared. I thought maybe a heart attack. The loss of balance and equilibrium seemed neurological. Tanya had run back to the house to get meds for colic just in case that was what was going on. She shot it into her mouth and we waited, prayed and hoped for the best. We later learned after a number of tests that she is most likely suffering from sand colic. She had a lot of sand in her poop which means she probably has a ton in her large intestine. When a horse is in a lot of pain, they can act very very strange. They don't know what to do with the pain when it is that intense. Mike stayed up with her most of the night. She had a bolus of IV fluid in her and we put her in the round pen and kept a close eye on her. Tanya is keeping a close eye on her today. If we decide to give her sand clear, it will be another painful process for her, but we have to clean her out. I'm so thankful for our vet clinic and the people that work there.
We will continue to pray for her and hope for the best. God is faithful, He always has purpose in all that happens. I find complete peace in that. He is an awesome God.
 
Life happens, it will always happen...in times like this when life happens its so hard, painful and the only thing that we wait on is time. Time for the pain to subside and time to heal. On the other side, when the sorrow lightens, God ALWAYS has a treasure, whether its perspective, a wonderful surprise or the feeling of complete joy. Only He can bring that, it can only be found in Him.

No comments:

Jack Edwin and Adelyn Grace

Jack Edwin and Adelyn Grace
Love at First Sight

AS THEY GREW...

AS THEY GREW...





Happy babies