This last week Jack has woken up in the middle of the night crying about a bad dream. First, he dreamt that Santa was a bad Santa...a mean Santa that made Jack feel bad. Jack didn't say much more about it other than it was a mean Santa. I layed with him for a while and told him some of my favorite things about the Christmas's when I was little. He fell back to sleep and slept good till the morning. How sad is that? I just don't like that his little mind wonders and makes these things up!
Then, his second dream made Chris and I giggle so hard. We heard him screaming and sobbing and howling - Chris ran down there and comforted him and later came back up - all was well. This cracked us up - he had a dream that Diesel 10, from Thomas the Train pinched his leg off. He LOVES Thomas and can sit and look at a DVD cover or book for a long time. To have something this tragic happen to a character that you really like is so sad! But, funny to us because of all the dreams - Diesel 10 pinching off his leg...poor little guy, I could see how that would be painful and frightening! I'm sure these aren't the last of the bad dreams. We pray each night that the Lord will fill their minds with things of Him. Almost every night they sleep very sound - we are thankful for that!
1 comment:
Oh, Lauren, we're battling bad dreams all of a sudden, too! It's the age, I've heard, and it IS so sad!! I love that you pray over their dreams, why didn't I think of that. Those innocent little minds are starting to be imaginitive and sometimes that's scary! Kind of heart breaking for moms!
I can't wait to see you soon!! Drive safe and God bless your little family!
Post a Comment