Koller Family of Six

Saturday

Christmas 2010

Well, chalk up another holiday (Christmas and New Years) with sick kids. First, Adelyn came down with high fever and no appetite. We left for Oregon on the 22nd of December, we got to a gas station right by our house and as I was in the store to get plastic bags in case she puked, she had already thrown up all over Chris' pillow by the time I got out to the car. What a way to start a trip, not to mention a 9 hour car ride being sick. Poor girl was sick for 8 days, living on meds and ended up with a bad head cold. Then, the day before we left Jack got it, and then Chris and Lily. I've never seen Chris this sick. He can hardly move off the couch. Lils is ok, just the fever and snotty nose, diaper rash and insanely cranky. Praying it will not get worse. The virus seems to be 103*-104*fever/chills, bloody/mucous noses, sour stomach/no appetite, and body aches. So bizarre. Another awful part of the holiday is that we had to for-go visiting the Gomez family. Broke my heart but I did NOT want to give them anymore germs - they have had so much going on. I miss them dearly and cannot wait to head back to Portland to spend time with them and the Cooper family in Corvallis. Our time with them lasted 30 minutes before we had to leave because Adelyn had a scary high fever and was shaking, so hard to see her hurt. BOOOOO!

Thankfully Adelyn is doing great now - she has been the other little mommy, getting things for Jack, taking care of cranky Lily when I cannot get to her right away, helping me clean, bake, cook. She is a gem, a totally blessing and love bug. I don't know how I would've gotten thru yesterday without her. I am so grateful I am doing ok. I have some stomach issues but nothing like the rest of my family. Thank you Lord for sparing me thus far, at least long enough to take care of everyone else. I pray it passes soon! And, thinking back, when Lily was 6 months old I got something very similar and had to get an IV to rehydrate myself...maybe this is the same thing. Oh, and not to mention we got the Coleman family sick too. Ella, Drew and Brynne have been sick. I feel horrible and at the same time so thankful that they decided to brave the germs and come to Christmas anyways. Thank you guys. We love you! So, needless to say, I did not get very many pictures from Christmas. We celebrated the Cooper Christmas before we left for Oregon. We went to Katie and Derek's house - we had a blast! It was so cozy and fun and the kids LOVE being there. Thanks Kates and Der for letting us crash for Christmas! Then, perhaps the BEST part of this season was the birth of our newest nephew, Henry Thomas Martin. He was born on the 23rd of December about 530am. Ryan was a rock star. He was 9lbs 11 oz. Yup, that little thing carried a big boy almost all the way to term. She is so strong and not to mention - no time for an epidural. She got to the hospital 1 1/2 hrs before he was born. Dang sista, your body knew just what do to! Congrats Ty, Ry, and Spencer. Little Huck is so blessed to have you. Can't wait to see him when we are all well (oh yeah, another sad part, we cannot see him until we are better, BOOOO!).

I do want to say, in all of this 'stuff' that seems sad and not the way I planned, I KNOW there is a reason for all things. 'And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him...' Romans 8:28. Though the trials are hard, they make me stronger, keep me focused on Him and using HIS strength to get me through, ('I can do everything through him who gives me strength'. Phil 4:13) and I have to say I have gotten more done and been more productive than ever during these sick days (thank you LORD!). You would think it was Spring cleaning time! The reason for the season (as they say) is Jesus, his birthday and the celebration of life - his life and our lives. I cannot begin to express how much we have to be thankful for but I know the top two - number one being Him and secondly our family and friends. I don't typically make new years resolutions but I do have a few goals for myself this next year. One is keeping my walk with the Lord consistent, and from there, all things fall into place. I know, because when I do, I am able to take things in stride, accomplish the goals I have set for myself, be a better wife, mom, sister, daughter and friend. All of the things which I feel are important and part of my calling. And, when I don't choose to walk consistently with the Lord, I have found that the path is dim and I fall into a pit of despair (sounds dramatic but it's kinda true).

Like I said earlier, didn't take many pictures this holiday but I did capture a few moments and here they are!

Lily loves her lady bug costume and dad's cowboy hat.


Grandpa, Spencer and Adelyn cozy up, not sure what they are watching but they are very serious. Along with the picture below this one, everyone is very serious watching something... Gramps came and stayed with us for two days and nights and the kids were in heaven. Soaked up every bit of every second. It was wonderful!





She already gets into my make-up.
LOVE the snow, and they love riding on the tractor.

The Shears boys over for lunch and a play date. Adelyn, Jack and Lily love spending time with these boys. We love them!

Holiday baking....done!



Uncle Mike and Jackers
And Adds
Cousin Griffin and Jack, video camera still shot - didn't turn out very good!

These boys, they had so much fun and they were so goofy. Not sure why the shirts off at breakfast. Maybe it was 'cool' :)

Christmas morning, all the cousins!
Jack got a John Deere tool set

Miss Ella Bella read Lily lots of books
Jack and his Thomas books

Cora and Mrs Athay...not sure why we didn't get pictures with the kids together...maybe because we had lots of yucky germs :( I told them I'd love to see them but enter at your own risk. Poor Addy was so super sick, I was worried about getting anyone else sick. They braved it!

No comments:

Jack Edwin and Adelyn Grace

Jack Edwin and Adelyn Grace
Love at First Sight

AS THEY GREW...

AS THEY GREW...





Happy babies