Well, again, I usually don't write much...but as these days go by I am realizing how amazing it feels to write down what I think. It's therapy, it's mental organization, it's freeing. And, the main reason is for our children...to be able to look back and see bits of their lives and maybe, just maybe, they will learn a little about their old mom ;).
This month has been a refreshing month, now, the sickness we had in December is still plaguing us, but, what is refreshing is in the midst of it all, I'm discovering some awesome revelations about life and, I suppose myself. I could go on but I'll just say a few of my most favorite ones. First, the passing of my dear sweet Grandma brought the family together (a blessing in the sadness and mourning) - as I may have mentioned in the last blog, it made me realize this is what I want in the days to come. Dates, plans, trips, vacations, visits. I want to spend more time with family - those close and far. I LOVE family. It is a huge part of my being, I want to be close to them and get to know all of them better. So, this is my goal as the days go by, work towards making dates and planning trips. Can't wait to post pictures!
This past weekend Chris and I went to Missoula, MT. It was such an amazing weekend. I was so nervous about going back. It has been 9 years!!!! Way too long - way over due. I was hesitant because I wasn't sure what it would be like to be back, I (sadly) had not stayed in very good contact with many of my dear friends from there. And, to top it off, these are some of the best people I know. The most kind, loving, generous, fun people! Needless to say, it was all as it was, just the same as when I left. The same lovingly kind and passionate coaches, endearing and generous friends (a huge blessing!). Oh how I miss it there. Chris and I had one of the best weekends of our lives. Really, we did. We missed the kids but have to say it was a much cherished get away. And, I plan on heading back this summer for a week - the kids in tow this time.
What it comes down to for me is priorities. I'm rearranging my list. I began reading the most amazing book - it is amazing because it speaks to me - now - right here where I am. God just has a way doesn't he? He ALWAYS knows what we need just when we need it. Whether it is a book or a friend (my sweet friend Sarah), a pastor or mentor. It is a matter of seeking Him and opening our ears. Thank you God for loving me THAT much.
As my list is written and rearranged, I am finding a peace, a confidence that I've never had. For that, I'm grateful and hope I will continue to be praising and thanking Him in the good times and the bad. So, in closing I suppose what I have loved about this month is that I have realized that I am just wild about family, friendships and relationships. I just want to learn and grow from others - they are the ones helping me become who I want to be, they are the ones showing me what I love and just what I want on my 'list'. So, for any of you that have been a part of my life. Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me learn about you, talk with you and walk with you through this thing we call life.
1 comment:
Thank you for being a part of my life and journey. I am so blessed to call you friend! Love you!
Post a Comment