So the kids have been saying the darnedest things...I have to record them somewhere and though I normally don't write much in this blog I should...so I will start.
We were playing outside the other day and Jack got sent to time-out after being asked not to twist Lily on the swing - Jack pouted to the tree where he was asked to sit. I went back to cleaning the flower beds and I looked over and he had is arms across his body and said 'what was I thinking?'. Priceless!
Then today, Jack was talking about God, the truths such as 'God likes me', I told him 'He LOVES you even more than I or Dad loves you if you can believe it!' Then...he proceeds to say 'Does God have a girlfriend?' Oh my, I love his heart, I love his mind, I love his innocence.
Adelyn and I were making pumpkin cookies that same day and I was stirring the frosting and I puffed the powder sugar all over our arms and the floor. She says 'mom, that was a blast!' I'm not sure if she meant it was so much fun or it was a blast of sugar. Then I began to clean it up and she says 'why in the world did you just do that?' (giggling)
Each one of the kids is amazing in their own way and I love being their mom. They have taught me a lot more than I could ever teach them. I can hardly wait to see whay Miss Lily will have to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment